Welcome to Tipilikwani Mara Camp, this uniquely situated luxury camp on the banks of the Talek River overlooks the mottled plains of the Maasai Mara, where vast herds of wildlife co-exist with the colourful Maasai people.
Firstly, between June and October the Maasai Mara plays host to one of the most spectacular wildlife shows on earth; the great annual migration of over a million wildebeest and zebra as they enter the Mara ecosystem from Serengeti in neighbouring Tanzania.
Tipilikwani’s 20 tents enjoy river frontage and are decorated with warm, rich Maasai colours. The family tents have a stand alone bath tub in addition to showers.
Features of Tipilikwani Mara Camp:
Excellent food, personalized service and also traditional Kenyan hospitality further compliments the prime location.
Lastly, game drives offer the unforgettable opportunity to enjoy the diversity of animals and birds living permanently in the Masai Mara, as well as many migratory species.
Guests can also learn more about the Masai people, proud pastoralists and warriors, many of whom still retain their traditional nomadic lifestyle.
Tipilikwani Mara Camp Photos:
Facilities in Tipilikwani Mara Camp:
- Spacious open sided dining & lounge area to maximise views.
- Free WIFI
- Dinner is served in the dining area.
- Private meals can be arranged on the guest tent verandah or under the stars on request.
- Continental style cuisine caters to a variety of dietary requirements.
- 240V charging facilities in the lounge.
Safari Activities in Tipilikwani Mara Camp:
- Expert local Safari Guides.
- 4WD open sided safari vehicles. A maximum of 6 guests per vehicle.
- Day game drives.
- Bush breakfasts/dinners.
- Picnic lunches.
- Cultural visits.
- Lectures on Maasai culture by resident naturalist.
- Entertainment by local Maasai warriors.
Driving Instruction to Tipilikwani Mara Camp:
S 22.214.171.1247 / E 126.96.36.1995
Approximately 6 hours driving time from Nairobi.
to the Ol Kiombo airstrip (45 min game drive).
This airstrip is serviced by:
- Safarilink – from Nairobi twice daily
- Air Kenya – from Nairobi twice daily
- Charter flights as scheduled