History of Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort Diani:
The resort is situated very close to a mosque built in the 16th century.
In the reception lobby is a chandelier particularly noteworthy for its authenticity: it was a gift given to the Sultan by British traders coming for business.
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Resort is located on 29 acres of nature’s gardens on a clear white sandy beach; a wonderful location for relaxing escapes.
Surrounded by swaying palms and ancient baobab trees, a peculiar feeling of history lingers around this property, with the influence of the Sultans of Zanzibar felt in the resorts rich Arabian décor and also the various antiques that decorate the interiors.
Firstly, Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort is in Diani Beach South coast of Mombasa and it is about 50km from Moi International Airport and only 9.2km from the Ukunda Airstrip.
The Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach building was completed and opened in 1992, as an exclusive luxury resort for guests.
Furthermore, this beach resort is a prime choice when looking for a relaxing and friendly place to relax on your vacation. It is a four-star resort located in Diani beach intraffic south coast.
There a numerous one-of-a-kind meeting rooms available for your conferences and meetings. Its outstanding setup makes it an ideal choice.
The resort has very special suites, totalling 8 in number.
Finally, different accommodation options are available such as penthouses, villas and all are at the ocean front, providing a spectacular view.
There’s also a restaurant overlooking the sea, a bar at the beach a complex for water sports, an art gallery/boutique and a relaxing spa.
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort has diverse ecological areas and various habitats for the various species found there.
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort Diani Photos
Rooms in Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort
The Garden Room with King Size Bed ~ 30 square meter.
All resort and ocean front rooms have individual balconies.
The rooms are tastefully furnished with the following:
- Beautiful locally carved furniture.
- Lovely en-suite bathrooms.
- Direct dial telephone for calls.
- Stocked Mini bar.
- Central ceiling fans.
- Air conditioning system and finally.
- All rooms are continually refreshed with modern amenities.
The resort strives to provide guests with comfort, luxury and finally convenience.
A perfect home away from home feeling.
The Garden rooms cost about $96.90 per night.
Ocean View Room:
The Ocean View Room with King Sized Bed, ~30 square meters
This room has a special view of the lovely ocean.
The resort and ocean front rooms have individual balconies.
All rooms are specially furnished with these:
- Air conditioning for cool room temperature.
- African locally carved furniture.
- Direct dial telephone.
- Furnished en-suite bathrooms.
- Mini bar for drinks and also,
- Ceiling fan.
The resort is continually refreshed with state of the art amenities to provide guests with peace of mind, comfort and maximum convenience.
The Ocean View Room cost about $106.00 per night.
Beach Front Room:
The Beach Front Room with King Sized Bed of 30 square meter.
Management ensures that all Beach Front Rooms have balconies.
All rooms consist of the following:
- Ceiling Fan.
- Beautifully designed locally carved furniture.
- Private En-suite bathrooms.
- Mini bar.
- Direct dial telephone and finally.
- Air conditioning system.
The Beach Front Room cost about $180.00 per night.
The Location of Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort
Beach Road, Diani, P.O. Box 73-80400
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort Diani Images
Facilities in Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort Mombasa
Massage and Spa:
Spa and Massage centres are accessible for clients who want such treatment to book.
The resort has 4 treatment rooms and offers several treatments to help guests relax during their stay in the resort.
High Speed Wi-Fi Internet:
The resort offers Wi-Fi to all our guests.
Restaurant and Bar:
The resort has five food and beverage outlets for guests to try out.
Spices is the resorts main restaurant, they have four outlets serving drinks and snacks during the day.
Guest enjoy sitting near the pool, if they are feeling hot. Why not head off for a swim to cool off if the temperature is warm.
Restaurant in Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort:
Located by the pool side, the Ocean Terrace serves an all-day a la carte menu providing light meals, snacks, fresh grills and children’s menu, all geared towards good quality meals and speedy service.
The Ocean Terrace Opens:
• 10.00 am – 9.00 pm every day.
The wine list menu offers wine from several parts of the globe, with a cross –section of different grape varieties and tastes.
The restaurant is unique and fine dining room with a spectacular view of the ocean.
They serve very high standard meals for breakfast and lunch buffets and table d’hote menu for dinner.
The Spices Opens:
- 6.30 – 10 am for Breakfast.
- 12.30 – 2.30 pm for Lunch.
- 7.30 – 10.00 pm for Dinner.
This is a classic bar with beautiful, rich, warm colours and textures.
Several wines, spirits, fresh juices and also classical cocktails are on offer.
Relax and enjoy an evening sun downer to the background music of our resident pianist.
Sultan’s Bar Opens:
- 10.00 am – 11.00 pm every day.
Relax and enjoy the ocean’s breeze as you partake of our coffee with freshly baked pastries or watch the sun set, swinging gently to the ocean’s breeze as you enjoy a cocktail on our famous Baobab Terrace.
Baobab Terrace Opens:
- 10.00 am – 11.00 pm every day.
An old traditional Arabic sailing boat. The Dhow bar is situated on the beach and serves guests chilled drinks and light snacks.
Dhow Bar Opens :
• 10.00 am – 6.00 pm every day.
Spa and Pool In Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort:
The resort has a beautifully constructed an outdoor pool that measures 8m by 20 m and a baby pool that is 4m by 8m.
The adult pool depth ranges between 1.0m at the shallow end and 1.90m at the deep end.
The baby pool depth is 0.65m.
The resort has 23 beds around the pool facing the resort’s beautiful gardens.
Opening Hours for Jacaranda Spa:
The spa opens from 10 am to 10 pm Monday- Friday.
During the weekends and public holidays the Spa opens from 10 am to 9 pm.
The Spa comprises of 4 treatment rooms (3 single rooms and also one couples room) which are large and encompassed with:
- Toilets and finally,
- They have air conditioning systems.
The Spa has one lounge with four chairs and a coffee table where guests are offered refreshments.
It has scented and background music to liven up the atmosphere.
The location is a true sanctuary of beauty and health, a haven of peace, a highly pleasurable area with advanced research reaching well into the 21st century.
The Spa offers care treatments through gestures and essential techniques that relaxes the mind, harmonizes the silhouette, revives the skin and preserves youth.
It is the privileged place for men and women seeking beauty, youth and finally lasting health. All treatments offered by the Spa have been designed to suit this purpose.
Our Treatments Include:
- Manicure and pedicure (grooming therapy for hands and feet).
- Body massages – Swedish (light pressure is used to manipulate the muscles).
- Waxing (removal of hair).
- Deep tissue (firm pressure is used to manipulate the muscles).
- Facials (a therapy performed on your face to retain that youthful look).
- Aromatherapy (essential oils are used to suit the clients need).
- Reflexology (performed on the feet on reflex point that open up the channels of the body).
- Hot stone therapy (warm volcanic stones are used to manipulate the muscles.
- Body peels (exfoliation done on the body to slough away dead skin leaving the skin soft and supple).
- G8 & faradic machines (sliming therapy that tones and redefines your silhouette).
The resort has two upgraded conferences facilities with the following:
- Secretarial support facilities.
- Audio visual and finally,
- Internet connections.
For the business traveller the resort is the region’s premier venue for functions.
Modern conference facilities set in tranquil surroundings
Wariara Conference Centre
A full range of facilities are managed in a one-stop convention centre with the following:
- A modern business centre.
- Fully equipped air conditioned.
- Conference hall with capacity for 200 delegates and 300 cocktail reception guests.
The centre’s experienced, committed and dedicated event managers will ensure the success of all meetings and events.
Wariara Convention Centre has the capacity to hold up to a maximum of:
- 36 Delegates – boardroom style.
- 84 Delegates – classroom style.
- 180 Delegates – theatre style.
- 200 Guests – cocktail reception.
Trader’s room has the capacity to hold up to a maximum of:
- 20 Delegates boardroom style.
- 40 Delegates classroom style.
- 80 Guests cocktail.
Some of the equipment provided in the conference room are:
- Flip chart, paper and marker pens.
- Overhead projector and screen.
- Individual stationery pad and writing equipment.
- Mineral water and mints.
Equipment’s for hire:
- LCD Projector.
- Fax machine.
- Computers and printers.
- Business Centre.
A comprehensive business centre is equipped with:
- e-mail and internet.
The secretariat service can handle anything from the binding of documents to CD burning.
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort Mombasa Images
Features of Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort:
- The rooms comprise of standard and superior rooms, suites, cottages and luxurious private villas.
- All rooms, cottages and suites contain top quality décor and state of the art amenities such as Wi-Fi and air-conditioners.
- Our comfortable guest rooms are spread throughout the luxuriant indigenous garden, each with its own shady verandah overlooking the gardens and beyond.
- Different cuisines and dishes served in our international standard restaurants.
- A bar serving top notch cocktails and drinks.
What You Can Do At Jacaranda Resort:
- Tour the safari with our experienced and competent tour guides.
- Enjoy exhilarating views of the ocean from different vantage points on the resort.
- Scuba diving,
- Wind surfing.
- Sitting close to the Indian Ocean and hence, having a direct connection to Mother Nature.